These bloopers are sure to put a smile on your face!
- Due to the Rector's illness, Wednesday's healing services will be discontinued until further notice.
- The Rev. Merriwether spoke briefly, much to the delight of the audience.
- On a church bulletin during the minister's illness: GOD IS GOOD; Dr. Hargreaves is better.
- The pastor will preach his farewell message, after which the choir will sing, "Break Forth Into Joy."
- Sermon Outline:
I. Delineate your fear
II. Disown your fear
III. Displace your rear
- Next Sunday Mrs. Vinson will be soloist for the morning service. The pastor will then speak on "It's a Terrible Experience."
- We are grateful for the help of those who cleaned up the grounds around the church building and the rector.
- Barbara remains in the hospital and needs blood donors for more transfusions. She is also having trouble sleeping and requests tapes of Pastor Nelson's sermons.
- During the absence of our pastor, we enjoyed the rare privilege of hearing a good sermon when J.F. Stubbs supplied our pulpit.
- Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24 in the church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.
- The rosebud on the altar this morning is to announce the birth of David Alan Belzer, the sin of Reverend and Mrs. Julius Belzer.
- The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare's Hamlet in the church basement on Friday at 7 p.m. The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.
- Don't let worry kill you off - let the church help.
- Please place your donation in the envelope along with the deceased person(s) you want remembered.
- Let us join David and Lisa in the celebration of their wedding and bring their happiness to a conclusion.
- Helpers are needed! Please sign up on the information sheep.
- Diana and Don request your presents at their wedding.
- The concert held in Fellowship Hall was a great success. Special thanks are due to the minister's daughter, who labored the whole evening at the piano, which as usual fell upon her.
- The outreach committee has enlisted 25 visitors to make calls on people who are not afflicted with any church.
- The 1991 Spring Council Retreat will be hell May 10 and 11.
- The audience is asked to remain seated until the end of the recession.
- 22 members were present at the church meeting held at the home of Mrs. Marsha Crutchfield last evening. Mrs. Crutchfield and Mrs. Rankin sang a duet, The Lord Knows Why.
- At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be "What is Hell?". Come early and listen to our choir practice.
- The third verse of Blessed Assurance will be sung without musical accomplishment.
- The music for today's service was all composed by George Friedrich Handel in celebration of the 300th anniversary of his birth.
- A song fest was hell at the Methodist church Wednesday.
- Today's Sermon: How Much Can a Man Drink? with hymns from a full choir.
- Hymn: "I Love Thee My Ford."
- Women's Luncheon: Each member bring a sandwich. Polly Phillips will give the medication.
- Announcement in the church bulletin for a National PRAYER & FASTING conference: "The cost for attending the Fasting and Prayer conference includes meals."
- The church will host an evening of fine dining, superb entertainment, and gracious hostility.
- Ushers will eat latecomers.
- Weight Watchers will meet at 7 p.m. Please use large double door at the side entrance.
- Next Friday we will be serving hot gods for lunch.